Season 2019 Rule Changes
KICK IN AFTER POINT:
- Player must wait for flags to be waved before starting play.
- Player returning ball into play cannot handball from inside the square.
- Player no longer needs to kick to themselves before leaving square, but once they cross the line, Umpire calls Play On.
- Opposition Players must be minimum 10 meters from the square.
- The ball can then be disposed of by hand or foot.
- If the ball goes over the Boundary Line without being touched, there is no free kick, the ball is thrown up in the usual way by the Umpire.
- Umpire can award a Free Kick if they deem Player deliberately kicked out of bounds.
DEFENSIVE KICK IN:
- Opposition Player must be minimum 9 meters from Boundary Line for Defensive kick in to allow Player sufficient room to take the kick.
- If a Ruckman take possession straight from a ball up, a free kick will be paid against them.
- Players cannot setup behind an Umpire at a Ball Up. Any contact with the Umpire as a cause of this will be a Free Kick.
RUNNERS & WATER PEOPLE:
- Non Players on the ground are to deliver Message/Drink and then leave the Oval. If they are deemed to be loitering on the ground a Free Kick can be paid against their Team.